“Making Waves” is a film about the Art of Cinematic Sound and it’s magical evolution. This Making Waves panel discussion was produced for ACE EditFest Global. Moderated by Midge Costin, it opens with Gary Rydstrom as they discuss Sound & Picture Best Practices, which includes good collaboration between Picture and Sound Departments.
- Midge Costin – Producer, Director, Sound Editor of Making Waves
- David J. Turner, Editor, Making Waves: The Art of Cinematic Sound –
- Thomas G. Miller, ACE, Editor, Documentary Producer/Director (Limited Partnership); Supervising Editor Making Waves
- Tom Cross, ACE Editor (First Man, La La Land, Whiplash)
- Ai-Ling Lee, Supervising Sound Editor/Sound Designer/ Re-recording Mixer (First Man, La La Land)
- Mildred Iatrou, Supervising Sound Editor (First Man, La La Land)
- Gary Rydstrom, Supervising Sound Editor/Sound Designer/Re-Recording Mixer (Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park, Toy Story)
- Axel Geddes, ACE Editor (Toy Story 4)
- Sarah Broshar, Editor (West Side Story, Ready Player One)
- Bobbi Banks, Supervising DIA & ADR Editor (Straight Outta Compton, Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker)
- Billy Fox, ACE – (editor, Dolemite is My Name, Straight Outta Compton)
- Qianbaihui Yang – Making Waves, Supervising Sound Editor
- Kimberly Patrick – Making Waves, Supervising Sound Editor
Additional commentary by Ang Lee, George Lucas, Pat Jackson, Soffia Coppola, Ryan Coogler, Walter Murch, Barbara Streisand, and Hans Zimmer, all telling the story of the evolution of sound editing and editing best practices.